Total Pageviews

Saturday, 21 December 2013

Different Strokes by Nico Jaye ****

Different StrokesDifferent Strokes by Nico Jaye

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My expectations were high with this book, having read some previous shorts from Nico Jaye I knew I enjoyed her writing style and her sneaky sense of humour. I knew I liked her characterisation and plot-lines, but had I set my hopes too high?

No way, she didn't let me down. It had all I would want from a novella. Two great characters who were different enough so as to be individual instead of interchangeable, a story-line that I hadn't read a million times (I loved the masseuse idea - someone touching you all over but in a professional way, when you are attracted to that person where is there to hide?) and best of all the slow, yet hot, romance building between Tomas and Darren.

honestly, I started this book thinking I'd read a couple of pages then put it away for later, as it was I was very nearly late picking the children up from school as I just couldn't put it down. I can't wait to read the next book by this author.




View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Hello there Lori. I read your review, it was very nice. I'm glad this book didn't let you down. I have never heard of Nico Jay. This book sounds interesting and I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.
    Thank you! I really enjoyed this. If you want to try Nico Jaye's stories, BTW I Love You is free.
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18007805-btw-i-love-you?from_search=true :)

    I'd love to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete